Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?

Article about: Morning all. I was wondering if anyone recognised these boots. Made by B.F Rubber Company of Canada Ltd. Lining stamped BFG 1945 '6' - Featuring the Broad Arrow mark '107' / Soles embossed '

Default B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?

Morning all.

I was wondering if anyone recognised these boots. Made by B.F Rubber Company of Canada Ltd.

Lining stamped BFG 1945 '6' - Featuring the Broad Arrow mark '107' / Soles embossed 'Made in Canada' 'M' '6'

Featuring double clip and lace fastening.

I understand that both Canadian and U.S forces wore a similar style as an 'overshoe' in Arctic conditions. Although I am uncertain whether this boot falls under that same style as they are fairly small in size. I can't see a U.K 6 boot fitting inside. They looks more of a boot you would wear with a pair of thick socks. Perhaps designed for similar foul weather conditions?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Ideally to which unit may have used them. I wondered if the '107' gave us any clues?

With regards to the maker. I was able to gather the following: (In brief)

The B.F Goodwich Co was an American aerospace manufacturing company based in Charlotte, North Carolina. Founded in Akron, Ohino, in 1870 as Goodwich, Tew & Co. By Dr Benjamin Franklin Goodwich.
    In 1912 Goodwich acquired Diamond Rubber Co, also located in Akron. After digesting this major competitor, Goodrich bought control of Ames-Holden Tyre & Rubber Co Ltd (now B.F. Goodrich Company of Canada Ltd) .
    The company also acquired the total assets of Hood Rubber Co at Watertown , Mass , thus adding a line of footwear and rain gear to the line of goods.
    Goodwich ranked 67th among U.S corporations in the value of #WWII military production contracts.

The company grew to be one of the largest tire and rubber manufactures in the world, helped by the 1986 merger with Uniroyal ( formerly the United States Rubber Co). It is also worry noting that North British Rubber Co ( Makers of the iconic Hunter Boot) was bought by Uniroyal in 1966 - later changing ownership by Gates Rubber Co of Denver Coloraro.

All the best. Gillan

B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?

With that said. I am a U.K 8 (EUR 42) and I am just able to get my foot inside.

The inside seam also expands somewhat, suggesting that it may have been designed to allow for a boot. That or added for extra weatherproofing.

B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?

B.F Goodrich Rubber Co. - Rubber Boots 1945 / Broad Arrow / Canadian Army?

9th Armoured Division technician with a little French girl on Valentine’s Day, 14 Feb 1945. - Wearing similar style.

?

In Canada, we call those Mickey Mouse boots.

Dean O
    Canada