Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British General Service Respirator

Article about: Arrived in the post this morning. Something I've wanted for quite some time... A General Service Respirator. Seems like forever that I've been in search of a respirator of this type. Fixed e

Default British General Service Respirator

Arrived in the post this morning. Something I've wanted for quite some time...
    A General Service Respirator. Seems like forever that I've been in search of a respirator of this type. Fixed eyepieces, and the smoother shaped exhale valve, although I had the impression that the earlier respirators tended to have red rubber face pieces. In nice shape, with the hose still being nice and flexible.
    Straps are quite badly stretched, though. Unfortunately, it's also showing signs of perishing. I've no idea how to prevent it getting worse, and so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the future.
    Enjoy the photos.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British General Service Respirator   British General Service Respirator  

British General Service Respirator   British General Service Respirator  

British General Service Respirator  

That's really nice, and its good that it has the earlier type filter, these were often replaced with the improved brick red types so the tan ones are always good to find, esecially in such nice condition.
    This is my early type Mk IV GS respirator:
    https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2016...-early-filter/

Always nice to see what other people have! I have one of that type, with the screw-in eyepieces, only the filter is brick red. Plus two of the later ones, (Mark V, I believe?) without the stockinette on the face piece. There's something addicting about collecting these masks, perhaps because they're an iconic item of the period. And because they're still relatively cheap!

B.B.