Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British leather Enfield bandoleer

Article about: Hello everyone, I show you this British leather Enfield bandoleer. Can you help me to date it? It has any producer markings, broad arrow or numbers, except 191 8 (eight not attached to other

Default British leather Enfield bandoleer

Hello everyone, I show you this British leather Enfield bandoleer. Can you help me to date it? It has any producer markings, broad arrow or numbers, except 191 8 (eight not attached to other numbers). Could it be 1918? I don't think.
    Thanks for your opinions

Any ideas?

?

It is a British Pattern 1903 leather bandolier and it was made in Britain and Commonwealth countries. If this were British made, I would expect it to be marked with maker and broad arrow. This could be South African made, where it was produced as late as WW2. Modern reproductions of this P-1903 model also exist by the way, available for around US $60.

Thanks Kilian

The triangle should be permanently attached to the other end of the bandolier (hard to explain), it means you'll have to undo the other end and slide the triangle on. Make sure you take note how it's done as it can be a little complicated. The end the triangle is currently on should be used to connect and disconnected from the triangle (which is permanently held on the other end). I hope this makes sense as it's very hard to explain. Search images on Google for 'Pattern 1903 bandolier' and it will show what I'm talking about.

As mentioned above the bandolier should be marked, sometimes it can be very faint. I think that '1918'(?) looks like it's been added (not very convincingly) and isn't actually the date of manufacture. From the photos you've provided it looks to be a nice example.