Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

British Model P39 "BEF" entrenching tool

Article about: Friends. Would you please confirm that this is a model 39 entrenching tool? I note there appears to be a broad arrow acceptance stamp on the cutting edge. My research indicates this is commo

Default British Model P39 "BEF" entrenching tool

Friends. Would you please confirm that this is a model 39 entrenching tool? I note there appears to be a broad arrow acceptance stamp on the cutting edge. My research indicates this is commonly referred to as a BEF entrenching tool and that is was first issued in 1940. Also, can anyone provide any further illumination on the stamp in the handle that appears to be R P 39? Thanks in advance. Neil

British Model P39 "BEF" entrenching tool

British Model P39 "BEF" entrenching toolBritish Model P39 "BEF" entrenching toolBritish Model P39 "BEF" entrenching toolBritish Model P39 "BEF" entrenching toolBritish Model P39 "BEF" entrenching tool

Hi folks, Confirmed on another page. This is a British entrenching tool that was re-issued to Dutch emergency forces after the war since it was eliminated from British service. The additional marking on the handle R P 32 stands for Reddingsploeg 32 which is the cataloging number of the item for use with Dutch rescue services. Thanks to all the folks who helped clear this up. Neil