Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British No 4 bayo frog help please.

Article about: I have had this frog for a while and have only come up with my conclusion that this is considered to be a No 6 frog made for parade use for the No 4 bayonet. This conclusion is from the rese

Default British No 4 bayo frog help please.

I have had this frog for a while and have only come up with my conclusion that this is considered to be a No 6 frog made for parade use for the No 4 bayonet. This conclusion is from the research I have done on the web. I do not currently have a reference book on British web gear. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. This is the first one I have come across. I am assuming they are common on the other side of the pond.
    Thank you for looking.
    John

British No 4 bayo frog help please.British No 4 bayo frog help please.

Hi, while i am no expert on these frogs, the later dated 37 pattern type frogs are very rare, this one is a really late date as i think they stopped making them around this time? Leon.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Leon. I will do some additional research and update the findings.
    John

I found some additional information after being pointed in the right direction and using the correct search terms; Thank you. I was not able to find final production date but was surprised to see a 1971 date on mine.
    The following statement was taken from Karkee's Web page on pattern 37 web equipment. Pattern 1937 Web Equipment

It differed from previous Frogs in having a single scabbard loop, in 2 1/2-inch wide webbing, with a woven-in button hole for the studs of either the No. 4 Scabbard, or the No. 5 Scabbard, used with No. 5, 7, 9 and F.N. 7.62-mm. S.L.R. bayonets. The No. 6 Frog was the final new component ever added to Patt. ’37

John