Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British soap and small British material .

Article about: Hello My name is Samuel , sorry for my english , bad , I am French . I collect French militaria , ww2 , ww1 and british . I have some questions about the small British material. The metal so

Smile British soap and small British material .

Hello

My name is Samuel , sorry for my english , bad , I am French . I collect French militaria , ww2 , ww1 and british . I have some questions about the small British material.
    The metal soap box was used during the second war or after war? they say that it is part of the pattern 44 equipment , not used in europe , probaly not used during the second war or just before the end . Is it true ?
    We can found combs marking MADE IN ENGLAND , salmon color , with the broad arrow .
    It is said that the arrow is a copy, the comb is good but the arrow is added .
    Is it true ?
    Finally, do you have any tips to prevent small British equipement copy ? Items not to buy. Thank you very much for your answers

NCA
    ?

Default Re: British soap and small British material .

Hello and welcome to the forum.Dont apologise about your english..im sure its better than my French!

I believe some of the 44 gear was issued in the closing stages of ww2, more likely it was in full use in the various conflicts after like Burma and Malaysia ect..Ive never seen the 44 patt soap tin earlier dated than 1945, so what did Tommy carry his soap in before?
    As for the comb do you have a picture?Sadly all sorts of gear is copied now..
    And how to avoid buying copies?Hmm...Read a lot of books, ask a lot of questions, look at museum items, try and handle the real items.My ww2 british small items stuff is made up of issued items and 'private purchase' stuff(period items like shaving and cigarettes ect.)I hope this is of some help.

Post Re: British soap and small British material .

Thank you for your answer, I'm using a translator to help me.

in the books there are pictures of this soap box, so that is an error.

Here is one dated 44:

It is said that there is a representative model of the Normandy , in bakelite , I 've ever seen , and you ?

Here is the comb :

Here the arrow, several collectors French say that it is false ,
    because you can find same combs with the C to produce a Canadian.

It is found in color eggshell , The color of the comb in this photo, for example

If these claims are true, these combs are probably original civil ....

NCA
    ?

Ive never seen a bakelite soapbox, well not an army issue one anyway.Thats not to say they dont exist?
    Ive found some combs on a website that look just like the one you pictured: Comb,WD marked

Thanks for showing your personal kit roll.Very good!

It' s not my personal kit roll but I'll take pictures soon.