Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian 37pat webbing, what was changed 1942/1943?

Article about: I'm slowly completing a collection of Canadian 37 pattern webbing and i'd like to know a few details; the picture show what i have so far. There are two types of haversack brace; the british

ILH
    ?

Default Canadian 37pat webbing, what was changed 1942/1943?

I'm slowly completing a collection of Canadian 37 pattern webbing and i'd like to know a few details; the picture show what i have so far.

There are two types of haversack brace; the british style apears to have been replaced by the type with a larger hook piece in 1943.... did anything else change then (or at any other time)?
    for example:

when was the change in front pouch top-buckles, that the above mentioned hooks hook to? (one pouch has a brit style buckle while the other has the large plate style.)
    is there another type of Brace attachment?
    did the cartridge carriers or brace attachments ever have the plate type top-buckles?
    Are the braces just different manufacturers, or different issues?
    Is the haversack strap in green a postwar example?

thanks, Jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian 37pat webbing, what was changed 1942/1943?  

?

Hi Jim,

Here is an article I wrote on Canadian webbing modifications on another forum, I hope it helps...

Field Guide to Canadian P37 Webbing Modifications (with pictures)

?

I have never seen pressed buckles on cartridge carriers or brace attachments, but I have also learned to never say 'never'.

The green haversack strap looks like a Canadian-made Pattern 1951 strap (The Canadians had to redesign a new set of equipment for the Korean war because they shortsightedly sold all of their surplus pattern 1937 webbing to Australia after the war).