Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Soldier Suitcase?

Article about: I picked this up yesterday and it was given to me as a WW2 soldiers trunk. It looks very military Esque to me and has a whole bunch of steamship stickers on it. I got it for free so it doesn

?

Default Canadian Soldier Suitcase?

I picked this up yesterday and it was given to me as a WW2 soldiers trunk. It looks very military Esque to me and has a whole bunch of steamship stickers on it. I got it for free so it doesn't really matter to me if its not what it was said to be. What do you guys think?

All the best,
    Stefan

Canadian Soldier Suitcase?
    Last edited by thekid; 10-10-2012 at 07:31 PM.

?

Default Re: Canadian Soldier Suitcase?

Anybody?

Stefan, Yes, it's certainly a military issue suitcase/trunk. The age looks to be right too for WWII, although these kind of luggage really didn't change all that much over the years. You've got a nice old case-take your time and clean it up good and it should look fine. (Hopefully, it doesn't smell musty inside! Some of these will make you just about pass out when you open them up! )
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Stefan, Yes, it's certainly a military issue suitcase/trunk. The age looks to be right too for WWII, although these kind of luggage really didn't change all that much over the years. You've got a nice old case-take your time and clean it up good and it should look fine. (Hopefully, it doesn't smell musty inside! Some of these will make you just about pass out when you open them up! )
    Thanks very much for the response! Im glad to here it and luckily it the inside is smell free.

all the best,
    Stefan