Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Chindit Kitbag

Article about: This is one of my latest acquisitions. Pvt F Tyrer served with 7th Bn Leicestershire Regt in the Far East. The 7th Leicesters, when incorporated into Orde Wingate's Chindits, formed part of

Default Chindit Kitbag

This is one of my latest acquisitions. Pvt F Tyrer served with 7th Bn Leicestershire Regt in the Far East. The 7th Leicesters, when incorporated into Orde Wingate's Chindits, formed part of the British 14th Inf Bde known as 'Javelin' and were effectively divided into two 'Columns': 47 and 74 Column. Pvt Tyrer served in 74 Column and took part in the second Chindit expedition deep behind Japanese lines in Burma, Operation 'Thursday', which began on 5 March 1944. After five months of combat, the last of the exhausted Chindits were withdrawn from Burma on 27 August. Pvt Tyrer was one of those and survived the War. I acquired his kitbag from his family via a dealer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chindit Kitbag   Chindit Kitbag  

Chindit Kitbag   Chindit Kitbag  

Default Re: Chindit Kitbag

Always nice to have named items that can be researched.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Chindit Kitbag

Look's to be in great shape and very cool you know the history behind it, Congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]