Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool garage find that has potential use.

Article about: Found two cases in a garage one had some serious water damage and this one was on top of it. The strap is broken but there. Bren mags don't show use. All are there. Was wondering about the w

Talking Cool garage find that has potential use.

Found two cases in a garage one had some serious water damage and this one was on top of it. The strap is broken but there. Bren mags don't show use. All are there. Was wondering about the white parachute looking stamp until I turned it right side up and realized it was a broad arrow haha. Three of the mags have red or orange stamps that say 28 Rounds Only. Never seen a Bren mag marked that on a 32 round mag. Im probably going to clean a couple up and use them. 20 years ago when parts kits first came in I bought an Inglis 1944 kit I'm having built in semi auto. Should be done in a couple months. Just in time to not be able to afford ammo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cool garage find that has potential use.   Cool garage find that has potential use.  

Cool garage find that has potential use.   Cool garage find that has potential use.  

Cool garage find that has potential use.   Cool garage find that has potential use.  

Not sure how the pics ended up upside down.....

?

Sorry I can't help with the marking ID you are asking about,
    But Good thing those were smeared with cosmoline to preserve them.
    They look like they will turn out nicely when wiped down.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice box of mags. I have seen quite a few over my short years. I bought a case similar to yours for $100 US a year ago. Still not sure if a good or bad deal. I do not own one to use it in and not many in the US.
    John

The red stamp says 28 rounds only. 3 are marked that. Never seen that on a Bren mag.

Im having my inglis done semi auto and he offered them to me for 75 bucks. 100 to 150 seems to be the going rate. I might see if he has the other can too still. They aren't all that expensive because not many really need them.

CBH
    ?

The stamp is broad arrow C the Canadian military exception stamp.

Thanks. Some of the other mags the white paint stamp is just a white ball now. Being Canadian it goes well with the gun. What about the red 28 rounds only stamp? I've never seen that on a mag before.

28 rds is the practical amount otherwise you can get problems.

Cool

They're such an iconic part of the Bren setup (at least to me) & its an even bigger bonus if you have a fireable gun (even semi-auto only) for them to accompany - nice find!

I had to get one of these myself, having lugged the contents of the 7.62mm equivalent around on exercise a few times in my past The Bren/LMG in a FIBUA (OBUA / MOUT / FISH!) environment was not much fun but I still loved being the gunner, even then!

I've 'only' managed to get a .303 box, similar to yours, but I've fired a Mk2 as well - years ago when I was in the Army Cadets - so it was actually fine by me; I'd love an L4 version but they are rare / horrendously expensive!

From what people have said, prices for .303 version seem similar to what people are asking in £ over on this side of the 'pond' - although Mk2 mags are cheap here, the boxes themselves can be quite expensive so it soon mounts up! You've done pretty well I'd say.

I got very lucky with a poorly described box, being sold on eBay by a local individual, which I won for £7.50. A bulk purchase of mags, along with a handful of others gathered over time, allowed me to put together a set of 12 similar ones. They are all marked "MA 42", which I think means Lithgow made?

As purchased:

The box had been used as a toolbox or something but was in OK condition really - I just gave it a good clean & filled it up
    Last edited by brickie501; 03-01-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast