Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Elgin AFV Clock - ?

Article about: It allways amazes me that people do not use google as their first line of enquiry, have just googled Elgin 8 day clock and found lots of info. I am not having a go at you personally but ever

Default Re: Elgin AFV Clock - ?

It allways amazes me that people do not use google as their first line of enquiry, have just googled Elgin 8 day clock and found lots of info. I am not having a go at you personally but everyone who when you have a brilliant research engine such as google it is not the first port of call, John.

Default Re: Elgin AFV Clock - ?

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, you’re right – the definite sensation is that the clock is fully wound. The only visible means of disassembly is via the a split ring between the bezel and the glass that you mentioned. Admittedly though, I am rather hesitant to mess around with it because of my limited knowledge around clock innards, and then of course the radium compound!

Anyway, the main thing was not so much to get it working, but rather to find out where these clocks may have been found, and specifically if in armoured vehicles. One of these days I may drop it off with a clock repairman.

John, thanks. Yes, I have since googled for more info.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2