Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A find I expect to use - USN Mess Hall Trays

Article about: Certainly not most peoples "cup of tea" but had to bring them home with me. I fully expect to use them. Perfect for sitting in the bunker and watching Tora Tora Tora or something l

MAP
    ?

Default A find I expect to use - USN Mess Hall Trays

Certainly not most peoples "cup of tea" but had to bring them home with me.

I fully expect to use them. Perfect for sitting in the bunker and watching Tora Tora Tora or something like that. I think I even have some USN knives and forks somewhere.

One is only marked "USN". The other is manufactured marked "Carrollton MFG CO. USN"

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Certainly not most peoples "cup of tea" but had to bring them home with me.

I fully expect to use them. Perfect for sitting in the bunker and watching Tora Tora Tora or something like that. I think I even have some USN knives and forks somewhere.

One is only marked "USN". The other is manufactured marked "Carrollton MFG CO. USN"

[
    Big thanks Michael and sorry for going off track! both of mine are marked as yours, apparently these are made from recycled aeroplane crash wrecks!

Portion control ...... thats one way to look at it.
    Or a way to make sure the carrots wont touch the peas ( if you're OCD )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys.

Nice set Rene/Dan.

I only bought 2 of the 6 or so he had. Should have gotten them all. Would be perfect for a nice fancy holiday meal. So much better than that fancy chinaware!!! LoL

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Never eaten from mine! -- Wifey may make it a staple!! and she loves peas, me not!!

A very close friend of mine; a Frozen Chosin Marine from Fox Company 2/7 used to celebrate the US Marine Corps Birthday each year at his home in New Mexico and he would serve SOS (Chipped Beef hamburger gravy on toast) to his guests on Mess Hall Trays just like these and we would use mess hall silverware. Some good times had by both Chosin Vets as well as currently serving US Marines when Bob hosted the Birthday party each year. It was an honor as an Army Veteran to be invited to these get togethers each November...

Rest in Peace 1SG Bob Gaines..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Nice story Smitty. Glad. Not the only one that see a continued use for these! LoL

?

Those were the standard US Army mess hall trays in the US and Germany 1963-1966. Ours were not stamped with any name or initials like these "USN" marked ones.

?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    A very close friend of mine; a Frozen Chosin Marine from Fox Company 2/7 used to celebrate the US Marine Corps Birthday each year at his home in New Mexico and he would serve SOS (Chipped Beef hamburger gravy on toast) to his guests on Mess Hall Trays just like these and we would use mess hall silverware. Some good times had by both Chosin Vets as well as currently serving US Marines when Bob hosted the Birthday party each year. It was an honor as an Army Veteran to be invited to these get togethers each November...

Rest in Peace 1SG Bob Gaines..

Smitty
    SOS is still the timeless special at S&G's in Q-Town

?

SOS was actually chipped beef & gravy on toast. Chipped beef is dried beef sliced thin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast