Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas mask sent by Surface Mail after rejection of the Royal Mail

Article about: Hi mates.I have a serious problem and I would love to hear your opinion.1 month and 5 days ago I purchased a TC-38 gas mask.Ebay's timetable expired after 3 weeks and I received a Full refun

Default Gas mask sent by Surface Mail after rejection of the Royal Mail

Hi mates.I have a serious problem and I would love to hear your opinion.1 month and 5 days ago I purchased a TC-38 gas mask.Ebay's timetable expired after 3 weeks and I received a Full refund.Today thought the mask arrived and I found a sticker that says that the mask was forbitten to fly and was sent by surface mail.I am confused because few days ago I received a Brit Civilian Duty Respirator without any problem(mask flew from UK to my door).This makes my nervous ''cause yesterday I bought another mask and I dont want to come 1,5 month later.I sent a message to the seller for this.Any opinions for what I should tell to the seller who returned me my money would be great appreciated.Many Thanks and Have A Nice Day

Default Re: Gas mask sent by Surface Mail after rejection of the Royal Mail

...The mask I purchased yesterday is a Brit MkIV General Service Respirator

Contact the seller and tell him/her it's arrived and pay him/her for the item + surface mail.

Tom

Glad it has arrived. Please make sure you contact the seller and pay him.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

You are right Ade.What's your opinion about this fact of the Royal Mail?One mask came without a problem and other not.Many Thanks mates for you time and help

The problem is, some employees will not fully understand the new rules and regulations. So it is just the luck of the draw how they will send the item. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This can be a tricky moral dilemma at times. I bought an item a couple of years ago from Europe. In ignorance of the market price I paid more than I should have ( fool me once ) and on top of that the seller ( a business ) charged me a huge amount for shipping ( as much again as the item's actual price ) saying it was "expedited air mail" and the ONLY way they shipped OS - but it never arrived. I got my PayPal refund before my time to claim expired and after 3 months! it finally turned up ......sent SURFACE .... and for a mere fraction of what they charged me.

I was taken to the cleaners on the price AND the shipping! .... yes, it is the right thing to do to refund for honest mistakes but not for the lies and deceit of ripoff merchants! ( my opinion of course )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I don't see a moral dilemma here....the item arrived, pay the man!

Who was the European dealer, Dan?

I won a Brtish Mk2 several weeks ago on e-bay for £24 with a nice textured paint-job on it. I was really excited about it and was amazed that I had won it for so little but the bloody thing never arrived.

The seller appeared extra keen about refunding me the money even before I asked for a refund and became very vague when I requested postal details from him. He cited ill-health, being away from home, being in hospital, unable to remember details etc. etc. All this time though I was watching his buying and selling history and it appeared very robust.

I'm absolutely convinced of course that he thought it had been won too cheaply and kept hold of it. If it did happen to arrive on my doorstep one day however I'd be the first to refund him because I believe in a sense of fair play and good karma ....even if he doesn't!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast