Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genuine WW2 US first aid kit pouch?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this first aid kit pouch too please? I think the first aid kit itself belongs to Korean War era? Compared with usual WW2 US models the pouch looks strange, does

Default Genuine WW2 US first aid kit pouch?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this first aid kit pouch too please? According to my research I think the first aid kit itself belongs to Korean War era? Compared with usual WW2 US models the pouch looks different, doesn't it?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Genuine WW2 US first aid kit pouch?Genuine WW2 US first aid kit pouch?Genuine WW2 US first aid kit pouch?Genuine WW2 US first aid kit pouch?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

The pouch is a repro.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dear Ade,

Thank you very much for your answer. May I ask you if this repro design of pouch follows a real WW2 US pouch design or is this one just a product of fantasy?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 05-03-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

They appear to have tried to produce this based upon the material of a 1910 carlisle pouch, but it lacks the quality of an original.

It’s a very common cheap repro made for reenactors and for other historical impressions

Dear BlackCat1982, dear 08SMLE48,

Thank you very much for your answers.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Dear all,

In addition: Seller wrote that the first aid kit pouches had come from a depot in Italy made for the Italians in 1944/45 but never distributed.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

?

Misread statement

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear all,

In addition: Seller wrote that the first aid kit pouches had come from a depot in Italy made for the Italians in 1944/45 but never distributed.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Lovely story, but in this case why stamp them as made in Philadelphia? Original diagnosis still applies.

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Lovely story, but in this case why stamp them as made in Philadelphia? Original diagnosis still applies.
    BC that is what I typed, Thinking it was made in Italy, But thought maybe he meant it was made in the USA and sent to a depot in Italy, Since the Philadelphia QM depot was a central suppy center and not the manufacturer. But I don't know enough about these and there production to comment on it. So I deleted my comment.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast