Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GI Personal Gear

Article about: Hi guys, Put together this collection of US personal gear. Tried to keep everything original and unused so I did some homework before hunting. Not quite done but just about. What do you guys

Default GI Personal Gear

Hi guys,
    Put together this collection of US personal gear.
    Tried to keep everything original and unused so I did some homework before hunting.
    Not quite done but just about. What do you guys think?
    Would probably fit better in a musette bag.
    Joey

GI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal Gear

MAP
    ?

Looks great. Must have taken a long time to gather all these items. Condition is excellent.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, I did it over some time. Wanted it to be genuine and displayable.
    I'll find a nice way to display it eventually

This is how it starts, beware the addiction will spread! Great collection of items. Enjoy the hunt!

Hello gentlemen,

Nice personal items & in very good condition. Bravo.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Thanx! I picked up a few thing to go along, recently. When I set it up decently I'll post some nicer photos than these.
    Have to say I got a ton of help from this forum.
    Thanks for the warning BlackCat but... bit late. Bug bit me a while ago

Here's some of the gear with a musette bag, photos a bit clearer. The first aid kit came along with it and carried the same laundry number.
    The Wehrmacht ration cigs were too cool to pass up so I figured it wouldn't look bad in a GI's gear.
    The general Jewish theme is because I got involved in the collection after hearing the war story of a friend's grandfather. He was a religious Jew (note that only kosher stuff are in the rations...)
    Shelter half (with poles & pins) and blanket don't fit. Don't think they're supposed to. What else is meant to go in here? Project is for a kind of show and tell to teach kids about the War.
    GI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal GearGI Personal Gear
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GI Personal Gear  

Joram,

A very impressive collection of items. Many of them are in excellent to near mint condition.

A well thought out and detailed exhibit.

There are two very good books on US and German personal items that you may want to look through to get some more ideas for items. There are other reference books on personal gear and equipment, but these were the two I had readily available to post.

Best regards

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GI Personal Gear   GI Personal Gear  

Thanx!
    The first book I was fortunate enough to find some time ago. Awesome reference. Didn't see the second. I'll be sure to take a look. I also used Warman's as a reference.