Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack

Article about: Ho folks. I came across what looks like a map or document bag recently. It measures 17" w x 17"h when closed. As you can see it opens up to reveal multiple compartments. Unfortunat

Default HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack

Ho folks. I came across what looks like a map or document bag recently. It measures 17" w x 17"h when closed. As you can see it opens up to reveal multiple compartments. Unfortunately the original makers tag is missing. I havent been able to locate another like it. Any ideas ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack   HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack  

HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack   HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack  

HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack   HELP Identify Military Map or Document bag Back pack  

Hi Jammanna,

Judging from the webbing and the shape of the "T" hook, looks to be U.S. style/materials. Probably around pre WWI or WWI period.

However, not sure the name or title for this object.

Very nice example in fantastic condition.

By the way, can you post some photo of the "T" hook ? (Front and back) Also the back side of the studs, see if you see any maker mark.

Regards,
    Taka