Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen Saudi ? israeli ? Pakistani ?

Article about: Hi folks back again with some more odd items i picked up at auction. I couldnt really find a category that suited this stuff so i figured the good guys might know what military force uses th

Default HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen Saudi ? israeli ? Pakistani ?

Hi folks back again with some more odd items i picked up at auction. I couldnt really find a category that suited this stuff so i figured the good guys might know what military force uses this garbage. Ive never seen anything more chinsy in my life ! Its so poorly put together stitch wise id doubt it would make it 2 miles on a hike. Anyways id like to be able to put this stuff together but it would help if i had some idea of what forces used this stuff. All the items except the 2 canteens in the plastic wrap have the backwards Z with a dot on the lower end. All the items were in a duffle bag with the mark and some scribble that looks to be Arabic ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen  Saudi ?  israeli ? Pakistani ?   HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen  Saudi ?  israeli ? Pakistani ?  

HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen  Saudi ?  israeli ? Pakistani ?   HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen  Saudi ?  israeli ? Pakistani ?  

HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen  Saudi ?  israeli ? Pakistani ?   HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen  Saudi ?  israeli ? Pakistani ?  

Default Re: HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen Saudi ? israeli ? Pakistani ?

Stuff does look rather flimsy. I have a 'backpack' similar to the one in the first pic.
    By the writing on the canteen it would seem to be Arabic - though which
    Arab country, I don't know. Doing a search, I've found an exact match
    for an 'Iraq Army canteen'.........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Iraqi-...-/320938629837
    Regards,

Steve.

Default Re: HELP on Non Category Military Field Gear Canteen Saudi ? israeli ? Pakistani ?

It is from Iraq made by Al-Fida'a State Company. Specializes in hydraulic and pneumatic systems,notice the shock logo on the bag.
    They look to be from the early 90's.
    And you are correct they are made like crap.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks for the link to the ebay item. Definately the same as two of the canteens. However all the other items are marked with that backwards Z. The snaps on the field gear all have stars on them. They may or may not be linked to the canteens as the plastic canteen is. Id like to figure out how this stuff all assembles together. Theres so many straps going every direction...i can see why its referred to as web gear.

Some of the webbing looks like cheap copies of British 58 pattern. The bottom pic is clearly the poncho carrier, i can also see a yoke and the large pack is similar to the 58 pattern large pack (only even worse if that's possible!). If you want to put it together look for British 58 pattern assembly instructions and that should give you a good start. Look at Forces 80's website for pics of the British equivalent