Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ID a US Army Water Plastic Canteen

Article about: Hallo Kumpels Some days ago i´ve got this US Army Water Canteen at a Mexico City Fleamarket. One of the parte i like most about collecting is the posterior research, to find out what i have

Default ID a US Army Water Plastic Canteen

Hallo Kumpels

Some days ago i´ve got this US Army Water Canteen at a Mexico City Fleamarket.
    One of the parte i like most about collecting is the posterior research, to find out what i have really got...

But this time i had very little luck with that task, as this particular canteen is virtually non existant on the web, with exception of some few pics with almost no info to them.

Therefore i came here, to ask you guys for some "context" to this piece, specially the time -period and to whom it was issued to.

One site describes it as a "Korea War Canteen, used by the Army Rangers, Special Forces, Navy Seals, and the USMC".
    But i would believe that they used Metal canteens in Korea, but then i am not a canteen expert..

Any help would be appreciated..
    Gracias a todos..

DanID a US Army Water Plastic Canteen
    Last edited by danhashman; 07-24-2017 at 07:18 PM.

?

Never seen one like that before and I had both the metal and plastic types when I was in the USMC. I did a search on bing for united states canteens and there is a pic of this one on there but it just say's "ebay.co.uk". I'm at work and cant check that out so I thought I would let you know and maybe that ebay has a description of it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Is there an NSN code on it?...

How big is it 1 qt or 2 qt? I would say it is not GI but is related to the artic type canteen used.
    John

?

Honestly it looks like one I bought my son for when he was in the Boy Scouts and they would do camp outs.

Semper Fi
    Phil

I have a similar one-believe it may be a vehicle canteen for crews-the fact that it's marked 'US' says volumes about it being GI!

The one pictured is from the internet and not my canteenm even thou it is the same type. I shall take some good pics of my canteen, to see if it has any other details / inscriptions... I did not think that this was such a "difficult" item, this uncertainness takes me quite by surprise..

Tis is the actual canteen i am asking about. My wife just sent me some pics of it..
    As you can see, apart from the "US" on one side, there are no other inscriptions on it.
    The other side has a "depression", i guess to make it more ergonomic when carrying it.
    I read that those canteens came without a cover.

I am quite impressed that noone seems to know that particular canteen, as i would think that US-Army canteens are easy..
    Very Interesting, i am curious to see what the "veredict" is going to be..

I'd say without an NSN number it's not a military item!..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast