Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Identifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, belt

Article about: Hello all. I am new to the forum so hopefully I am complying to the forum rules with this post. Please bear with me! I recently purchased what I presume is a WWII US Army canteen with pouch

?

Default Identifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, belt

Hello all. I am new to the forum so hopefully I am complying to the forum rules with this post. Please bear with me!

I recently purchased what I presume is a WWII US Army canteen with pouch and belt. Is anybody able to help me identify what years these are and if they're original?

Identifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, belt
    Identifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, beltIdentifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, belt
    Identifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, beltIdentifying age/value on US Canteen, pouch, belt

?

I can not comment on the canteen (I am not experienced in canteens), but in the short time I've been here I've heard multiple times that the forum does not give prices on things.

?

Welcome to the forum!

my help not needed by this person!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-28-2018 at 07:34 AM. Reason: not an international person

Welcome to the forum. The items you have listed are not WW2 vintage and the value is not much.I do not know what you paid but I guarantee this forum can save you money, so if possible post an item before you buy.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

The canteen is dated 1978 and the belt to me appears to be a civilian copy (but I could be wrong on the belt - either way it is not WW2 era). The cover as noted above is also not WW2 era

I had a belt and canteen like this in the late 70's that I used for camping. Still have it!

As Marty notes, now that you are a member here, use your membership to benefit you. Always post an item before you purchase.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I got the set for $6 so it's nothing outrageous. And I'm still happy woth it. So is this something that could have been surplus or is it some common item somebody could have bought at a retail store at the time?

MAP
    ?

You did fine. The canteen is an M1961 military issue example. Surplus they go for about that price. I suspect the cover is military as well. Just not sure about the belt
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The clincher for it NOT being WW2 era are the alice clips on the back. But there are still those who collect post WW2 items so for $6 you haven't really lost alot but have learned a little.
    Happy hunting!

?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The clincher for it NOT being WW2 era are the alice clips on the back. But there are still those who collect post WW2 items so for $6 you haven't really lost alot but have learned a little.
    Happy hunting!
    Thansk for the posts everyone. Yeah, for $6 for the canteen, pouch, and belt I had no problems with paying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast