Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Korean war field gear

Article about: SI have been researching korean war GI impression and I have noticed that most of them dont really wear the haversack at all. Even in combat footage and field operations? Did the GI just not

Default Korean war field gear

SI have been researching korean war GI impression and I have noticed that most of them dont really wear the haversack at all. Even in combat footage and field operations? Did the GI just not carry the haversack at all? Because I have noticed in other wars they carried haversacks, so...

Truman Library - Truman Papers: Korean War File

Korean War: U.n. Troops Greeting Card

korean war photos

Just some example photos.

Thanks,
    Michael

?

Default Re: Korean war field gear

Have a look here.

Korean War Images | Wichita Eagle

Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

My conclusion is not really.

Thanks,
    Michael

NCA
    ?

I think its the same as troops in ww2, they just carried their essentials in their pockets.Thats why you see the jackets bulging over the ammo belts!
    Ammunition, water, some rations and knife plus odds n sods were all that was needed.The rest of the gear was kept on transport or behind the lines.

?

Quote by NCA View Post
    I think its the same as troops in ww2, they just carried their essentials in their pockets.Thats why you see the jackets bulging over the ammo belts!
    Ammunition, water, some rations and knife plus odds n sods were all that was needed.The rest of the gear was kept on transport or behind the lines.
    Bergens were worn while marching to and from positions. If transport was provided fine, if not you had to carry everything you thought you may need for an indeterminate stay in hostile conditions. Don't forget clothing is vital to troops in severe conditions. You probably will not see troops in the front lines wearing rucksacks, they would be stored nearby. Why go into combat with your suitcase strapped to your back?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Last edited by aj4010; 05-31-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Never thought of that. Common sense really.

Thanks,
    Michael