Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for US ration components & personal items

Article about: Hey guys, I'm looking all over for K ration components. I've found some in websites like 1944 Supply and De Kale Gaper Militaria. These stores aren't in the US though, which makes shipping e

Default Looking for US ration components & personal items

Hey guys,
    I'm looking all over for K ration components. I've found some in websites like 1944 Supply and De Kale Gaper Militaria. These stores aren't in the US though, which makes shipping expensive.
    I've got some stuff like a sealed 4 pack of Camels and a pack of Waldorf tissue, but I'm still looking for things like coffee packets, sugar tablets, Wrigley's spearmint, etc.
    Also looking for personal items. I've picked up some of those too. I'll try to post photos later.
    Any good place you can direct me to? Looking for original specifically.
    Thanks y'all!
    Joey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for US ration components & personal items  

MAP
    ?

Maybe try Hayes Otoupalik. I've bought some vintage cigarettes from him a few years back

Hayes Otoupalik
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hey, thanks MAP, I just checked out Hayes. Great stuff and great prices! I'll take a good look.
    Joey

Hey guys,
    Thought I'd post some of the personal equipment I picked up to go along with my M1928 haversack display. The leather travel kit is just a generic period piece from the '30s. I filled it with wartime stuff I found after some research.
    (Actually tried getting a Dr West toothbrush of WWII but I couldn't find any. Instead I got that "Dux" you see, that the seller said was from a crateful taken from a "abandoned military camp". It's consistent with pieces I saw in a WWII militaria site (Paratrooper) so I got it. Seller has a bunch still listed on etsy and ebay. You can take a look.)
    The Wehrmacht pack of cigarettes was too cool to resist even though it might not be consistent with what you'd find in a GI's PE. Maybe something that would be taken from a German POW. Or a corpse (who'd be that desperate for a smoke?).
    Tell me what you think and where I'm inaccurate! I'm trying to keep it all as original as possible.
    Always looking for original ration components and PE, if anyone can tell me where to find I'll really appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    Looking for US ration components & personal itemsLooking for US ration components & personal itemsLooking for US ration components & personal itemsLooking for US ration components & personal itemsLooking for US ration components & personal items

I've been scouring the internet for a while looking for K rations. the stuff are really popular! Looks like they barely last on ebay.
    It's really enough to drive you kind of crazy
    Anyone on the forum have what to offer?
    eagerly awaiting!
    Joey