Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Military case C238 help by code

Article about: Seeking help cracking this POM code? can you help what the letter P indicates? thank you

?

Default Military case C238 help by code

Seeking help cracking this POM code? can you help what the letter P indicates? thank you

Are you sure it is a pom code? It would be very unusual to have a red background and the POM code normally has 5 numbers with it. It also looks like 3 colours on the stripes when a POM code only has 2. (the same colour top and bottom) Maybe that is the light reflection. Again no official designation for P that I know of.

Edit.
    I think different rules may of applied before D-Day. i still am unsure about the colour red but letters do seem to of been applied in The Mediterranean Theatre but nothing is really known about them.

?

thank you, this Box and I find in my areas Modena Emilia, northern Italy in the country have built a bridge

this photo are half vehicles in southern Italy

Having looked into a little more i agree that it is a POM marking. We know very little about POM marking before 6th June 1944 D day.

This POM marking does not follow the rules that were applied as far as In know. The marking should be on a white or Blue background. The only thing I can think is that it is painted red so that it accompanies troops on board ship as shown in figure 2.

The number and letter were allocated to the unit and do not mean anything particularly.

This is from Questmasters website Preparation for Overseas Movement – POM
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Military case C238 help by code   Military case C238 help by code