Several years ago I stumbled upon a strange to me, three piece Air Ministry stamped web belt. Not knowing what it was, I had to have it. I discovered it was a Pattern 25 web waist belt officially classified as Web Equipment for Officers, or W.E.O.

I have been collecting Pattern 25 webbing ever since and a recently received the newest piece for my collection, an AM marked, 1940 dated Belt, Waist Adjustable. The A.M. contract number is clearly marked as 16238/39. This particular belt, unlike the others in my collection, is a single piece belt similar to the P-37 belt but lacking rear buckles.

My thanks go out to Robin Hewitt who parted with this belt.

My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition. My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition. My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition.

My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition. My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition.

Interesting that i have a Pattern 25 rucksack, top section with the same contract number and date.

My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition. My Collection of Pattern 25 Web Gear Has a New Addition.