Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

Article about: This came in today's mail, a 1938 dated Officer's Pattern 25 waist belt. Wasn't quite sure what it was when I bought it, I just knew it was different from my other belts. This belt has a dif

?

Default My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

This came in today's mail, a 1938 dated Officer's Pattern 25 waist belt. Wasn't quite sure what it was when I bought it, I just knew it was different from my other belts. This belt has a different type of back buckle arrangement having D rings attached to the lower ends of the straps. Instead of the snap stud on the left side for the bayonet frog, this belt has a sword hanger. I wondered if it could be Officer's belt?

I sent photos of the belt to Karkeeweb.com and confirmed my suspicions. "Not just a variation, but the very first blue-grey pattern of webbing, intended for officers only, Web Equipment for Officers. It was announced by A.M.W.O. in 1926. We cover it here. R.A.F. W.E.O. "

My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing
    My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing
    My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

A hard to find item. Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice belt and in lovely condition

?

Thanks guys, I'm pretty pleased with it. I hemmed and hawed for about two weeks whether or not to buy it. A bit more than I wanted to spend plus shipping from the UK to the States is never cheap.
    In the end, knowing what I have and its significance, glad I decided to buy it.

This belt will be displayed on one of my RCAF Flying Officer's tunics along with a Pattern 25 holster and ammo pouch.

?

Pilot Officer SD uniform with Officer's Pattern 25 webbing and Webley revolver.

My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 WebbingMy Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

?

Just a quick update, I was fortunate to be able to add a second Officer's version waist belt (1939 dated) as well as another bayonet frog to my collection of Pattern 25 webbing. Difficult to find but still out there.

ILH
    ?

Lovely, I'm very jealous!

The P1919 webbing was intended for the RN and officers still led landing/boarding parties armed with a cutlass-as P25 is based on P19, that explains the sword carrier which is otherwise a strange addition for a RAF Johnnie!

?

Strange indeed as swords would often get in the way in the cockpit of a Spitfire. 😁

?

Since my last posting, I have added two Other Airmen version waist belts, several holsters, a couple ammo pouches and water bottle carriers to my Pattern 25 collection. My latest pick up was the top section of the Rucksack. The rucksack was made in two patterns, the first had a seperate left bottom strap that would hook onto the shoulder strap. The second pattern had the left bottom strap as an integral part of the shoulder strap, much like typical L straps. Apparently I bought a first pattern based on a "repair" where a khaki strap was stitched to the shoulder strap. So now I start searching for the missing lower strap or if I can find the correct brass hook, make a strap. Any leads on the strap or hook would be greatly appreciated.

My Rucksack My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

Missing Lower strap My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

As worn My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

Brass hook My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing My Newest Piece of Pattern 25 Webbing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast