Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New 1937 Pattern Webbing Book

Article about: I am pleased to announce that my latest book will be available to support via Kickstarter next month. This exciting new book is the first to look in detail at all aspects of the 1937 Pattern

Default New 1937 Pattern Webbing Book

I am pleased to announce that my latest book will be available to support via Kickstarter next month.
    This exciting new book is the first to look in detail at all aspects of the 1937 Pattern Webbing set in British and Empire service. Introduced just before the Second World War the 1937 Pattern set would see service with British and Empire troops and their allies throughout the war. It was made on five continents and there are numerous manufacturing variants and modifications to the set depending on when and where an item was manufactured. This book sets out to tell the story of the development of the 1937 Pattern set, the components that made up the sets and their development, how the set was actually used and looked after, its development both post war and for the RAF and Royal Navy and its manufacture around the globe. Finally the book looks at some of the accessories that can be found to accompany the set and its legacy in a wider global context.
    With nearly 200 pages of contents, this fully referenced and indexed book is packed with hundreds of specially commissioned full colour photographs, drawing on the collections of historians across the globe to show the many variants and components of the sets. These photographs are combined with rare period photographs and diagrams to provide the most comprehensive guide to the subject ever released and this book is ideal for collectors, historians, modellers and those in the heritage sector.
    The book is being released in two formats- a standard paperback release and an exclusive hardcover copy that is only available to those who back the book on Kickstarter which will come numbered and signed by the author. The paperback will cost £30 + P&P and the hardback copy £50 + P&P
    I will provide more details of how to purchase the book and a link to the Kickstarter once in goes live in April.

The Kickstarter is now set up and will go live on 1st April 2022. In the meantime, we have a prelaunch page ready where you can register your interest. There is no obligation at this stage, but it will notify you when the project is live so you can back it at that point if you think it is something you want to support. Handy if, like me, your memory is atrocious and you don't want to risk missing out on the book when the Kickstarter launches!

Webbing at War Volume 1- 1937 Pattern Webbing Book by Edward Hallett — Kickstarter

I am very pleased to announce that the Kickstarter for my new book, Webbing at War Volume 1- 1937 Pattern Webbing is now live!

For those of you unsure about Kickstarters- this is a way of crowd funding a project to raise the capital to get it off the ground. If you back a project, you only get charged if the project meets its goals and has enough backers to make it viable. You pledge certain amounts of money in return for different rewards (in this case the book in either hard or soft cover) and when the project has been funded the book will be printed and shipped to you.

The Kickstarter runs for the next thirty days so you don’t have much time to back it. You can find my Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...book/community

I have entered my pledge but it wasn't easy. The site is not that intuitive and I had to have more then one attempt because I thought I had done it but was suspicious that it hadn't worked. It eventually tells you that you are successful but by then you will have realised because you have entered payment details. It's very "blurred" so just pay attention guys!

The project appears to be almost half way to the target so I am looking forward to the book.

Good luck!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi All, just an update. The book is now fully funded and will be going ahead into production. There are still four days left to go to back the project and remember that this is the only way you can get it in hardcover.

Many Thanks

Ed

I am pleased to announce that the book, Webbing at War- 1937 Pattern Webbing, is now available to purchase from my web store here: Webbing at War Volume 1- 1937 Pattern Webbing Paperback Book

The book is priced at £30 a copy and is currently only available to be shipped in the United Kingdom however I will be adding international shipping options shortly.

Thumbs up

Very pleased indeed to recieve my hardback copy yesterday. It adds nicely to the Martin Brayley titles I have (the author credits Mr Brayley who has provided a Foreword). This first volume contains a lot of information about design and manufacture, makers and service history in addition to the expected detail about the 37 Pattern items themselves. It'll certainly be a book I'll return to again and again for research.

Congratulations to author Edward Hallett ( with whom I have no connection, other than enjoying his 'Tales From The Supply Depot' blog ) for the hard work which must have gone into this book. I'm really looking forward to Volume 2 which will cover more of the ancillary items.

To sum up - highly recommended !

I'd love a copy but it's a bugger in two volumes!

Hi Rene, I am currently working out an arrangement with a militaria dealer in Australia to have the books printed and sold in country to remove the excruciating postage costs- we are hoping that can be sorted in the next month or two. Volume 1 covers the 1937 Pattern set and when its released Volume 2 will cover the 1919, 1925, 1939, 1940 and 1944 pattern sets.

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Very pleased indeed to recieve my hardback copy yesterday. It adds nicely to the Martin Brayley titles I have (the author credits Mr Brayley who has provided a Foreword). This first volume contains a lot of information about design and manufacture, makers and service history in addition to the expected detail about the 37 Pattern items themselves. It'll certainly be a book I'll return to again and again for research.

Congratulations to author Edward Hallett ( with whom I have no connection, other than enjoying his 'Tales From The Supply Depot' blog ) for the hard work which must have gone into this book. I'm really looking forward to Volume 2 which will cover more of the ancillary items.

To sum up - highly recommended !
    Got mine yesterday and I agree totally

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast