Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

North African camo ammo box?

Article about: Hi all. During a spring cleaning of my ammo box pile I found this large one at the bottom. Trying to figure out if it’s wartime paint or otherwise. It does appear pink, however 1944 is after

Default North African camo ammo box?

Hi all. During a spring cleaning of my ammo box pile I found this large one at the bottom. Trying to figure out if it’s wartime paint or otherwise. It does appear pink, however 1944 is after the conclusion of the campaign. I also cannot figure out the code “C2250 Mk I” - is that 50 cal? Any comments appreciated please and thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture North African camo ammo box?   North African camo ammo box?  

North African camo ammo box?   North African camo ammo box?  

?

Ammo Case ID C.255
    Size: Length 25.1" Breadth 16.4" Depth 10.8"
    Used for:
    5.5-in. B.L. gun Cartridges Charge 4
    Number Packed: 6
    Gross weight: 99.5 lbs

hope that helps as to the paint it could be for the Italy operations they were still ongoing during 1944 and there were Canadian units

?

I have one like this, from Canada, for .303 caliber ammo's in smaller boxes.
    No code on it.
    Cheers,
    Luc

Thank you so much! I googled hard the code, and ammo box and couldn’t find that info! Much appreciated. Did the Italian campaign use the same pink’ish hue? I thought they were more tan.

?

I used this site its a very good reference for Allied ammunition containers:
    Consolidated List Of Containers

Quote by Lurch View Post
    I used this site its a very good reference for Allied ammunition containers:
    Consolidated List Of Containers
    Bookmarked! Thank you. Great resource for the future.

?

Heres a nice picture to go with your case, a 5.5inch on the Italian front dated Jan 1944