Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool

Article about: Morning gents a little more field gear from my collection first up the large pack this particular pack is nicely C-Broad arrow and maker marked and came with two equipment straps which could

?

Default P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool

Morning gents a little more field gear from my collection first up the large pack this particular pack is nicely C-Broad arrow and maker marked and came with two equipment straps which could be criss crossed for attaching the Mk II helmet ,bed role or trench coat they were primarily used by the troops when changing station or transferring between units.
    Normally, the pack was left with unit transport, and contained items necessary but not immediately needed.
    Next up is my P-08 entrenching tool which is dated to 1943 there were two different variations to the helve on these the standard one as shown and a modified version appeared during the war, with an attachment point for a Mk II spike bayonet, in order that the helve and bayonet could be used as a mine prod thanks for looking .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool   P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool  

P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool   P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool  

P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool   P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool  

Default Re: P-37 large pack and P-08 entrenching tool

I like the Maddox. Wish i could find one of these.

you can find them on fleabay now and again, I got mine there. ww2 dated, doesn't look like it'd ever been issued. I'd like to find a used one and try it out to see how fast it is.

?

Thanks for the comments gents and you are correct Paul they do come up on E-bay from time to time I am finding that the C-Broad Arrow marked Entrenching tool cover a much harder Item to come by.

Regards Mark K

That's true, I haven't seen alot of Canadian field gear around period, even frogs aren't as frequent. Now that I have a Long Branch No 4, I guess I might have to start collecting Canadian gear next hehe.