Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Pack Small Pattern 37 RAF '41

Article about: G'Day All, Surprise find for me (Thanks Monochrome) a mint RAF pack small Mills Equipment Co. I keep forgetting who MW & S are for the strap!! A first of this type of RAF 37 kit to land

Default Pack Small Pattern 37 RAF '41

G'Day All,

Surprise find for me (Thanks Monochrome) a mint RAF pack small Mills Equipment Co. I keep forgetting who MW & S are for the strap!!
    A first of this type of RAF 37 kit to land into the junk room!
    Very difficult to capture the blue grey!! I think the 1st pic grabs it best.
    Small packs for me Army or what ever have been tricky to find.

Nice mint one Rene. Useful little packs these are.

Ahh in the old days I used to use one Canadian I think? as a teen, texta graffiti all over it and then lost it on a bus!!!!

I've been using these since the '70's. I wore out an Army small pack (Canadian I think) so I know how much wear webbing will take until you bin it. Yeah great school bags.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I've been using these since the '70's. I wore out an Army small pack (Canadian I think) so I know how much wear webbing will take until you bin it. Yeah great school bags.
    Back in the day hey....

Serendipitously, today's post on my blog is all about the RAF Haversack: RAF 37 Pattern Small Pack – Tales from the Supply Depot

Yep, so many of us used used these either khaki or blue as school bags in the '70s. They were "uber-cool"

Also used by just about every blue-collar worker and tradesman, the surplus stores were overflowing.

There is still a bit of the khaki stuff to be found like that but the blue is like chickens teeth!

It never occurred to me but now I know of your interest I'll give you a shout if I see anything unusual.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

My dad has told me he used one for his lunch box ( i imagine as a kid!)

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Yep, so many of us used used these either khaki or blue as school bags in the '70s. They were "uber-cool"

Also used by just about every blue-collar worker and tradesman, the surplus stores were overflowing.

There is still a bit of the khaki stuff to be found like that but the blue is like chickens teeth!

It never occurred to me but now I know of your interest I'll give you a shout if I see anything unusual.

Regards

Mark
    Not so certain that it would have been as a kid John,
    I recall many squaddies (me included) using obsolete military bags etc (eg; '37 or '44 patt) for just such a purpose or as a "range bag" etc

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."