Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

post WWII gas mask

Article about: pictured is a gas mask I bought at the local re-cycling centre. I know nothing as to era of use and if anyone on here wants it please p.m. me. John

Default post WWII gas mask

pictured is a gas mask I bought at the local re-cycling centre. I know nothing as to era of use and if anyone on here wants it please p.m. me. Johnpost WWII gas maskpost WWII gas maskpost WWII gas maskpost WWII gas maskpost WWII gas mask

Default Re: post WWII gas mask

Can't tell if a C2, or Lightweight Service Respirator. Could we get a better view of how the headstraps attach?

Now, I have no idea what a recycle center is. I have seen a few guys say they got gas masks and the like from there. Is it like a donation or thrift shop? I'm from the US, so it isn't a term used around here.
    Last edited by Wot no sugar; 07-21-2012 at 03:09 AM.

As always - don't forget to ensure its not an Asbestos Filter !!

Its a Post war Mk1 Light Anti Gas Respirator fitted with a special purpose "Porton" type filter as described on the documentation with it. If its still available, I'm interested Also, I believe the overboots also shown are of the type meant to be worn in an environment where radiation is present.

Thanks

Danny

?

I have always assumed the pattern of speech module on this Respirator to be post-war but a collector on another Forum once claimed to have this pattern of Mask with the module dated 1945.

Can anyone confirm when this pattern was introduced. A lot of these Respirators appear to have been fitted with this pattern of module post-war.

The speech module/exhale valve assembly with the male threaded part did come about during the Second World War, it was intended to allow the attachment of a microphone. There was an example of the microphone shown on nbcd.org, however unfortunately that website is no longer running. As far as I know, all of the post war production models (not the Danish Re-issue ones) were fitted with the male threaded fitting that allowed the fitting of a microphone.

Thanks

Danny

Quote by M1910 View Post
    I have always assumed the pattern of speech module on this Respirator to be post-war but a collector on another Forum once claimed to have this pattern of Mask with the module dated 1945.

Can anyone confirm when this pattern was introduced. A lot of these Respirators appear to have been fitted with this pattern of module post-war.
    1943 they began work on it. It was installed on every Respirator in the 50s, such as your Mk. 6 Light AG Respirator but the diaphragm was, as said, a 1943 invention. Yes, there are wartime examples, such as on the Imperial War Museums website.