Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys

Article about: Question about a SCR-300 Walkie Talkie I have had two SCR-300 Radio’s and sold one many years ago. My question is, the TM 11-242 manual, dated 1943, says that it was powered by a BA-70 or

Default Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys

Question about a SCR-300 Walkie Talkie

I have had two SCR-300 Radio’s and sold one many years ago. My question is, the TM 11-242 manual, dated 1943, says that it was powered by a BA-70 or a BA-80 battery. I can swear that the original set I had came with a diagram showing the use of D-Cell batteries. I believe it said 96 of them. Am I dreaming this, or has anybody heard of this? I measured it out and 96 batteries would fit in the lower battery compartment.

Let me know what you think.

Mike

?

Nice thread ! G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys   Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys  

Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Looks like one big solid battery..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks for sending the info, but I already have all this information. Still looking for the sheet I mentioned, I have tons of thinks to look through. If I have not dreamed this up, and find the sheet I will post it here.

Thanks
    Mike

MAP
    ?

Simple or maybe silly question but how the heck would you arrange or even attempt to stack 96 separate D Cell batteries without them all falling over like a game of Jenga. Unless there was some type of sleeve they fit in.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

96 D cells would be one mother of a battery!

If I remember right there was a diagram how they were to be arranged. I know there had to be something to put them in, but it did not come with the radio, only the diagram.

Even if you could fit 96 D cells in the thing why? What would be the advantage? If there is already two specifically designed batteries why burden the troops and logistics folks with an absurd amount of smaller batteries? Was there a reason behind it being capable of running off 96 D cells? I’ve never heard of such a thing but of course that doesn’t mean it wasn’t tried at some point.

Recently receive information and a photo of what I have been talking about. It seems they where C-Cell batteries and not D-Cells. It was said they where described in a “BC 1000” manual, which I don’t have. The information was sent to me from the “G503 Military Vehicle Message Forums”.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys  

I do have a TM 11-637 manual, and in it does say that the BA-70 battery can be replaced with a CS-139, which consist of multiple dry cell batteries. A total of 121 batteries. 100 of one size and 21 of another size. Pages of manual are attached. The pages attached are out or order go by page number at bottom of photos.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys   Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys  

Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys   Question about SCR-300 Walkie Talkie batterys  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast