MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Rare Binoculars ??????

Article about: Hi there I recently obtained these from an Estate sale from a retired Naval Commanders Estate sale. I have limited knowledge on Binoculars but I like collecting things with history attached

Default Rare Binoculars ??????

Rare Binoculars ??????Rare Binoculars ??????Rare Binoculars ??????Rare Binoculars ??????Hi there I recently obtained these from an Estate sale from a retired Naval Commanders Estate sale. I have limited knowledge on Binoculars but I like collecting things with history attached to them. I will give you a brief description and have some pictures as well. These are Carl Zeiss Jena Binoculars 7x50 but this is whats interesting they are inscribed A.T. EMERSON COMDR. USN. I was hoping someone might know who this gentleman is or if these Binoculars have any value to them I got them for 30.00 and I was considering selling them. I hope that some of you have some info that could help. thank you Chris

?

Default Re: Rare Binoculars ??????

Very nice pair of personalised Carl Zeiss binoculars, with a few researches into the man i would think these would return quite a healthy profit, certainly a great deal more than 30.00$, have you tried googling the name or USN records

I have just started too there are a few different Commanders in the USN with the last name Emerson. I'm just not sure if these are WW2 or later I hope to find out more info thanks for the reply.

I found out these Binocular belonged to Arthur T. Emerson Jr Commander in the United States Navy a highly Decorated Officer not sure it adds value but does anyone have an estimate of the value they may bring.