Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RCAF Wing Commander's Ale Mug

Article about: Well, this sort of counts as "equipment"... This is a pewter, quart ale mug inscribed "Wing Commander A.C. Stone, RCAF Overseas, 1942-1944". I bought it for the inscripti

Default RCAF Wing Commander's Ale Mug

Well, this sort of counts as "equipment"...

This is a pewter, quart ale mug inscribed "Wing Commander A.C. Stone, RCAF Overseas, 1942-1944". I bought it for the inscription but, now that I've started researching it, I'm surprised to discover that the mug itself was already over 100 years old by the time WWII even began. I love history!

RCAF Wing Commander's Ale MugRCAF Wing Commander's Ale MugRCAF Wing Commander's Ale Mug

Anyway, just thought some of you might like to see this.

CBH
    ?

Nice item, recycling before it was cool. The funny thing is, if this was a German 100 year old tankard with a WWII inscription it would be called a Fake and would be a difficult sell, and even if it was a famous fighter ace I'd be more wary.

Thanks, Chris. I enjoy doing the research, and am busy now figuring out who exactly this A.C. Stone was. From what little I've discovered so far, it looks like he was already a Wing Commander in early 1942. So, I'm guessing he joined the Royal Canadian Air Force pre-war. Will keep you all posted...

Dave