I haven't seen anyone else with an example yet, but, that is likely because not many have yet acknowledged their existence. This here is the Light AG Respirator Mk. V. The variant you are currently thinking of is known as the Mk. IIIA. The Mk. V differs in its use of a thinner mask/faceblank known as the L3 (whilst the IIIA uses the thicker L2).

Respirator, Anti-Gas, Light Mk. V

The example here was partially complete and I added the No. 6 Ointment, Booklet and Sealing Plugs after. The kit I purchased was issued to a soldier named "Sargeant" (not his rank) and the majority of the kit seems to suggest this was 1945 issue. The kit consisted of an empty carton of Mk. III Anti-Gas Eyeshields, a named Light Haversack Mk. II, a Light Container Mk. II and, of course, the Mk. V Light AG Respirator facepiece.

The Mk. IV and V were upgrades of the well known Mk. IIA and IIIA facepieces. There were three Valve Holders and three faceblanks/masks used during the war, each set named L1, 2 and 3. The L1 Valve Holder was no longer in use and the IIA and IIIA were the two facepieces issued with the L2 and L3 Valve Holders.

Mk. IIA & IIIA Facepieces

The issue with these two Respirators was the L2 Faceblank, it only came in size "Normal". Those requiring a small or large facepiece had to use an L1 faceblank, identified by similarity to the Civilian Duty Respirator. The facepieces which used the L2 and L3 valve holders were the Mk. IA and Mk. III. So, when the IIA was the standard issue, had you a small head, you would get a small-sized Mk. IA. When the Mk. IIIA was the standard issue, had you a small head, you would get a small-sized Mk. III.

Example of a Mk. IA to demonstrate the L1 Faceblank

So, with both the L2 and L3 Valve Holders being required, the issue was clearly the faceblank. The L1 was thick and couldn't be issued with dermatitis rubber and the L2 could only be issued in one size. What about the men with skin conditions and small/large heads? Downgrading to GS Respirators wasn't an option by 1943 and so a new faceblank was created, the L3. The L3 faceblank not only featured support fabric between the eyepieces, an additional horizontal support beam internally, thinner rubber and the new single letter size system "S, N & L", but it came in 3 sizes, dermatitis rubber and even left handed! You could get a Size L Mk. V L. H. DERM with no issues.

Mk. V Light AG Respirator

The Mk. IV and V used this new L3 Faceblank, the IV retaining the L2 Valve Holder, and the V retaining the L3 Valve Holder.

There were around 11.3 million Light Faceblanks made during the war, with 1.2m L1s, 6.9m L2s and 3.1m, however, only about 5 million Light Anti-Gas Respirators were produced. Regardless, it is clear that these Respirators were never mass issued, considering the Mk. IIAs seen in Normandy, but, they were clearly made to replace and upgrade the IIA and IIIA when necessary. Sadly, due to the amount of Light AG Respirators, it is very difficult to establish which facepieces were used when and where, however, this is my goal and I will continue to work on this.

For more information, please read my re-writes of the erroneus LAGR history on the Gas Mask & Respirator FANDOM Wiki:

WWII Light AGRs: Respirator, Anti-Gas, Light (WWII) | Gas Mask and Respirator Wiki | Fandom
Post-War Light AGRs: Respirator, Anti-Gas, Light (Post-War) | Gas Mask and Respirator Wiki | Fandom
Canadian Light AGRs: Canadian Light Anti-Gas Respirators | Gas Mask and Respirator Wiki | Fandom