Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Jersey Militia items.

Article about: I am not a collector of Jersey Royal Militia items as such, but if I come across items I do pick them up. Its not something that happens too often these days so I am pleased with the items t

Default Royal Jersey Militia items.

I am not a collector of Jersey Royal Militia items as such, but if I come across items I do pick them up. Its not something that happens too often these days so I am pleased with the items that I do have. The large size spoons were given as shooting prizes and are silver. They are nicely decorated and are something I would be keen to acquire a few more of given the chance. Mess china is quite difficult to find, I think it was either sold off locally when the Militia left at the start of WW.2 or just taken in a free for all. The last Militia contingent left Jersey shortly before the German Occupation began in 1940, with the many of the men joining the Hampshire Regiment amongst others.
    Any I hope you like my modest Jersey Militia collection.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Jersey Militia items.   Royal Jersey Militia items.  

Royal Jersey Militia items.   Royal Jersey Militia items.  

Nice items. I had one of their cap badges come into work this past week. Middle row, far right in the picture.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Jersey Militia items.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

I want your job Ade!!!! However it would be hard not being able to keep it all!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Tell me about it! LOL
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!