Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Signal corps bag identification

Article about: I've had few items come in they all appear to be Royal Signals related. Can anyone help me identify a padded bag, the stencilling on the top reads: JACKETS BATTERY SECONDARY PORT No.4 CAT No

Default Royal Signal corps bag identification

I've had few items come in they all appear to be Royal Signals related. Can anyone help me identify a padded bag, the stencilling on the top reads:

JACKETS BATTERY SECONDARY
    PORT No.4
    CAT No ZB 10467
    R.M.C. LTD 1945

It has 2 threaded bolds with butterfly nut for attaching to something a vehicle perhaps. Any help would be gratefully received.

Royal Signal corps bag identificationRoyal Signal corps bag identificationRoyal Signal corps bag identification

Having had a think about this I have come to the conclusion that this is one of at least 8 packs for a large communication device and would have housed a battery and would have been secured with studs/butterfly nuts. So I am nominating the trailer mounted tactical wireless set No.10 I'm also assuming the legend 'JACKETS BATTERY SECONDARY' refers to these being back-up batteries should the generator fail.

Anyone else have any thoughts.... I have emailed the Royal Signals Museum for their input I'll post here if they reply.