Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch

Article about: G'day Mark the jungle type's material is pretty much the same

?

Default Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch

Good morning gents here are three examples of the P-37 Bren and Sten gun pouches from my collection please take note of the subtle difference in all three ie... the construction ,sewing, and materials used the biggest noticeable difference though is in the size of the pouch on the far left compared to the other two .
    Now this took me a little while to figure out the pouch on the left is a Mk II the two on the right are nicely dated and maker marked so they are no brainers but the one on the left had me scratching my head a little as I could not read the ink stamp under the flap.
    Why is it a full half inch shorter so what I managed to figure out is that the pouch on the left had to be manufactured pre mid 1940 as it was manufactured for the Bren gun magazines and as the Sten gun had not made it's debut yet and the Sten gun magazines being considerably longer would make the MkII pouches obsolete as the lids could not be fastened..
    If anyone else has different variations of the P-37 Bren and Sten gun magazine pouches please post them up Mk I,Mk II, Mk III, and any different manufactures or other interesting variations.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch   Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch  

Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch   Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch  

Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch   Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch  

?

Default Re: Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch

Here's the later models I use for reenactment (Our group uses them as they are significantly better to use in combat situations. For up close displays we have pouches as you posted, proper wartime ones). Note the hole in the bottom to drain out water.

?

Nice thanks for posting them up if my information is correct the grommet for draining water was starting to be added as early as late 1943 or early 1944 the tab and staple design all though a good ideal did defiantly have it down sides.Once the end of the tab becomes frayed they could be very difficult to insert through the staple to get closure on the pouch.
    I have a couple of post war examples as well in the same variation with the tab and staple closure with worn frayed tabs and they are a pain in the a$$ to get in and out of.

Regards Mark K

Show us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouchShow us your variations to the P-37 Bren/Sten gun pouch My pair of pattern 37 MkIII ammo pouches.I compromised with the RAF blue colour cause the low price[8 euros] and the fact that i cant find a pair of army issue

?

Thanks for posting them if you are having a hard time finding army issue Bren and Sten pouches War time dated and marked send me a PM and I am shur I can help you out I see them for sale regularly here at the flea markets .

Regards Mark K

Evening gents.

A pair of mint, post war, 1953 dated, Mk III, Patt. '37 pouches made by Mills Equipment Company.

I have a couple of war time ones, I just need to dig them out of the pile.

?

Nice thanks for posting they are a nice crisp matching set look to be in unissued condition

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice thanks for posting they are a nice crisp matching set look to be in unissued condition

Regards Mark K
    No problem, I like to see where this thread is going. I have a soft spot for British and Danish webbing equipment. (issued and private purchase).
    I am already owning and buying way to much, at least according to "some" people

The only way they would be more "mint", is if they were still in their original box, before being shipped from the factory.
    They are absolutely un-used, grade A examples.

Here's some Aussie ones, The very stripy one is the large jungle type.

?

Thanks for showing your variations Rene are the Jungle ones made from a lighter weight material compared to the standard pouches.

Regards Mark K

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast