Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown binoculars inscribed with defessers

Article about: found this unknown set of binoculars. Seems to be WW1 along those line

?

Default Unknown binoculars inscribed with defessers

Unknown binoculars inscribed with defessersUnknown binoculars inscribed with defessersUnknown binoculars inscribed with defessersUnknown binoculars inscribed with defessersUnknown binoculars inscribed with defessers found this unknown set of binoculars. Seems to be WW1 along those line

Defessers? Certainly WWI or possibly Boer war period, lots of French binos were issued during the eat, often wd arrow marked
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Galilean type binoculars (non prismatic) were usually graded for military use, S1 being the lowest grade. If there is no 'S' mark, and no Crows foot, they were not military issue.

Cheers,
    Steve

You don't seem to show or explain the inscription defessers.
    It's not an English word but I have heard the Dutch surname Fessers so maybe it's De Fessers? Still doesn't help though and I am inclined to see these as simply vintage civilian binoculars.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 02-14-2022 at 11:59 AM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

I do show the inscription it is very small and highly unreadable. This was bought from an auction a while ago by my uncle who is not alive anymore. I believe it to possibly WW1 French issue or boer war