Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS BC-223 Radio Transmitter

Article about: Hey guys, I was over to my grandfathers farm yard, which has been preserved the way it was when he passed away by my uncle who now farms the land. Grandpa was a very active amatuer radio ent

Default US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS BC-223 Radio Transmitter

Hey guys, I was over to my grandfathers farm yard, which has been preserved the way it was when he passed away by my uncle who now farms the land. Grandpa was a very active amatuer radio enthusiast. He also was a self taught engeneering genius. He set up his radio equipment and the farm house on electricity in the 40's from a gas generator system. Anyways he has a hut full of all his spare radio gear. I found this in it, and after doing some research I realise it is completed by having the DYNOMOTOR, which I know is back in the small hut at the farm. I know these were surplus right after the war, but quickly scooped up by radio users. Is there any sort of Military colletible significance to this? as well as value? and I assume having the DYNOMOTOR with it makes it more collectible/valuable? The tubes in the back are missing at 2 ports, but grandpa had a lifetime supply of tubes there so I know I can find spares. The ANT. CURRENT meter is missing, but i do have the plastic cover for it. Im guessing i can find a couple of guages just like it that fit. Anyways hoping to find out some more info, thanks for the help guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS  BC-223 Radio Transmitter   US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS  BC-223 Radio Transmitter  

US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS  BC-223 Radio Transmitter   US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS  BC-223 Radio Transmitter  

US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS  BC-223 Radio Transmitter   US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS  BC-223 Radio Transmitter  

Default Re: US ARMY SIGNAL CORPS BC-223 Radio Transmitter

As well anyone know where these were mainly used???

Anyone know of any Radio Enthusiasts that can help??? or Radio Enthusiast Forums

Hi,

It appears this transmitter was used for mid range comms between ground vehicles.

BC-223Ax Radio Transmitter Also called Baby BC-191 Year 1939

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hey Ned, thanks for the info, I hadnt found any specific info like that. That is interesting to know, There was also a chart that I came accross that called the BC-223 also by the name of SCR-348 I think it was. I have found a few sites of radio info from amatuer users of these older items. I lack any military info on them is all. Any idea of there collectability? My grandfather used this as a spare unit for his radio system on the farm