Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags

Article about: Hey Guys. This just got in today, i bought it from the same guy who sold me my Thompson. - I got a US WW2 belt, a 5 magazine ammo pouch, and 5 original Thompson magazines to my Thompson. He

Default US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags

Hey Guys.

This just got in today, i bought it from the same guy who sold me my Thompson. - I got a US WW2 belt, a 5 magazine ammo pouch, and 5 original Thompson magazines to my Thompson.
    He says its all form the "lend lease". - But i have my doubts about if the belt and ammo pouch is original? It looks pretty relic, but i see no date marks or anything like that?

Pictures attached.

Thanks,
    /Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags   US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags  

US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags   US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags  

US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags   US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags  

US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags  

?

Default Re: US Belt, Thompson 5 mag pouch + 5 Thompson mags

Lend lease stuff for the Russian is undated, I've got a Thompson pouch which was a USSR contract one, this has no makers name or date. Plus the Lift the Dot fasteners on your Thompson pouch are marked "KliKiT Pull" which was a trade name registered to the RAU fastener corporation, who manufactured Lift the DOT's under licence from United Carr during WWII, so no worries on the pouch the info you have been given is correct. As to the pistol belt not sure from your picture's, is there a date on the back near the Durable DOT (press stud) if not what's the makers name on the press fastener, Untied Carr used to mark there's inside the female cup (part B) of the snap.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Both look like typical ones from Soviet Lend Lease stocks.

Cheers, Ade.

G'day Fellas

Is that rock solid that US lend lease to USSR are undated and no maker mark? I'm not sure on that, as not all US gear is marked.
    Anyway it's just a question
    Nice gear shown and I've no issues with it all

Regards
    René

Ahh, once again i learned from this great forum! Thank you guys.
    I just have one question, why where the lend lease stuff not dated?

/Mick

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Is that rock solid that US lend lease to USSR are undated and no maker mark? I'm not sure on that, as not all US gear is marked.
    Hi René, no that is not the case. Some are dated. I have handled quite a few of these from the dealer who first imported them.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi René, no that is not the case. Some are dated. I have handled quite a few of these from the dealer who first imported them.

Cheers, Ade.
    I must say, I've always been of the same opinion that USSR contract items were not date and did not have any manufacturers I. D. stamps. So may be in that case that its was down to a certain supplier for one of the USSR lend lease contracts, who took upon themselves not to stamp I. D. markings on there production for that contract, thinking that this did not matter as they would be going to Russia and therefore the normal Manufacturers I. D. and date markings did not need to be applied, as even if the pouches were faulty the Russians would be returning them anyway.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

?

Hi the 5 pocket is sometimes dated inside the belt tunnel, which the pistol belt passes through

I have sold several thousand of the 20 round magazines, over one thousand of the belts and hundreds of pouches. I hand sorted all that I sold and separated them by manufactuer and further by date.

All are original U.S. Military contract examples. The brown M36 pistol belt in the photo I believe is left over WW1 web material. None of the brown belts I observed were U.S. Marked. One had a maker stamp of LF & Comapny dated Aug 1918, which I kept. That is why I believe it was WW1 era material. Color, hardware and weave is consistant with U.S. WW1 wartime production. The only other belt in the lot that wasn't U.S. marked were the 1941 dated belts by RMCO (Russell Mills Company) . There were seven different belt manufacturers in our batch dated 1941, 42, 43.

I'm sure there are endless variations, but I can speak for the shipment I dealt with. The Thompsons were de-milled to U.S. standards, mint unissued condition with oilers, cleaning rods and felt washers. I sold the parts sets and a bunch were made into dummy guns for display.

The thompson pouches I encountered were unmarked, undated, U.S. only marked, and some marked inside the belt flap marked and dated 1942 and 1943 by General Shoe, B.B. Inc, and Hoosier Company. It was a very interesting and exciting project.