Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

US earplugs 1970s

Article about: Last year while cleaning out a closet I found my old Army duffel bag with an almost complete fatigue uniform. I have boots, socks, trousers, belt, shirt, and hat. The only thing missing was

Default US earplugs 1970s

Last year while cleaning out a closet I found my old Army duffel bag with an almost complete fatigue uniform. I have boots, socks, trousers, belt, shirt, and hat. The only thing missing was the earplugs case. I was in an artillery unit, and we were very strict about wearing the earplug container on the uniform at all times. I thought that it would be very easy to buy an earplug container to complete my uniform. It's just a cheap little plastic bottle; the medics used to give them away for free to those who needed one.

I searched on ebay and militaria shops, and discovered that what they call "Vietnam era earplug cases" are not as cheap and available as I had hoped. There were plenty of newer rectangular earplug cases for sale, but all of the old cylindrical earplug cases are sold out. I finally found one place in Germany that had one, but it was over 30 euros plus shipping. I kept looking, and found a guy on ebay who had some, with earplugs, for $27.99. I bought one from him.

I guess that it would be wise for those in the military to keep any gear they can. Even something that seems so cheap as to be nearly worthless now may increase in price when it becomes an antique.US earplugs 1970s

MAP
    ?

Sometimes it is the littlest bits of kit that are the hardest to find to complete a dislpay.

Can drive you crazy!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)