Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?

Article about: I rarely buy large items anymore but this one really caught my eye and I decided to pick it up. At first look I do think it is Second World War era however I’m not 100%. I’m just looking

Default US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?

I rarely buy large items anymore but this one really caught my eye and I decided to pick it up. At first look I do think it is Second World War era however I’m not 100%. I’m just looking for whatever information anyone can tell me, how common they are and where/how it may have been used. I tried to do a little research but couldn’t get anything on it so I decided to ask here. The box itself is measures 29 inches tall or about 74 cm and looks like a foot wide. The top to seal it has four flaps two have buckles and has a larger thicker plug type seal in the top. The inside is galvanized iron and has some marks which I pictured.

Thank you for any help or information,
    Bodhi

US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?

Default More images

US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?

MAP
    ?

Never seen anything like this before. My question however is if it is even military?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I did seriously think about that too. Maybe it’s not military but it was labeled as military and in my eyes it does have a military resemblance but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not.

Hello,

An interesting item but these are not related to the military. They are sometimes called 'diary coolers' and were used to bring fresh produce from the farm to the store, ice-cream to church etc. Here are some other examples:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?   US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2?  

Attached Images Attached Images US Frozen Food Shipper. WW2? 

Thank you very much! Shame it’s not military however it was a good price and will make for good storage. Maybe if the power goes out I can put it to use with my freezer contents!