Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Us gas can - nesco 1945

Article about: Hi Mates Unsure if this goes here. But here's a cool local find. An Iconic piece of WW2 "stuff" to me....The US gas can ...stacked up at the Motorpool.... Attached to the back of a

Default Us gas can - nesco 1945

Hi Mates
    Unsure if this goes here. But here's a cool local find. An Iconic piece of WW2 "stuff" to me....The US gas can ...stacked up at the Motorpool.... Attached to the back of a Willys Jeep....etc. Reminds me of playing with my GI Joes when I was a kid. It will display nicely!
    Thanks for looking!
    - Z

PS- I think there is a plug inside the cap but it's really sealed on there tight. Any tips to jimmy them open without messing anything up much?

Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Us gas can - nesco 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Us gas can - nesco 1945  

Nice one Zach here's the one on the back of my Jeep. I'm not 100% sure if the 45 is the date?
    To loosen the cap you can lay the can flat, and use a block of wood and hammer it with a hammer.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-10-2020 at 01:02 AM. Reason: added text

Yoyo... Love that look on the jeep ... I think it is brother .... 20 (Liters) - 5 1/4 (Gallons) - 45 (Year) ... just did some poking around the other week ... there are lots of "51"s for sale .... post war natch ... but these are 45 so we are

LOL to the tip ... Ill do that ... another day haha

Here's his brother Sam, one from my junk room.

Sweet. I know Sam. Hi Sam ... glad to see your doing well.

That’s a cool one. Both are in great shape. Mines a bit worn but solid.

Wanted one of these for awhile.

Cheers Mate, I did use these with the jeep, took 'em out of service because they are a pain in the arse to use with the nozzle thingy (which is around somewhere?!?)

Nice cans fellas! I’ve been looking for a wartime one for awhile. All the ones I seem to find are either completely rusted out or dated from the 50s.

Rene I know the spout your talking about we used them with the new plastic cans up until about 7-8 years ago. Didn’t work with either fuel leaked everywhere!!

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Nice cans fellas! I’ve been looking for a wartime one for awhile. All the ones I seem to find are either completely rusted out or dated from the 50s.

Rene I know the spout your talking about we used them with the new plastic cans up until about 7-8 years ago. Didn’t work with either fuel leaked everywhere!!
    I hear that mate. Lots of '51 and '53. I love KW Era but only so much room on the shelf and my focus in mainly WW2. Should be able to find one in Good Ole NC though. Ill keep my eyes peeled for you too
    Z

Found the nozzle thingy! Anyway Cheers Zach you got me out to photograph stuff I hadn't before.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-10-2020 at 03:15 AM. Reason: added text

Nice cans, I found this video of their manufacture in the UK a while back (it was only viewable in the Uk then but I think it is more universal now). This seems to be a shortened version. Obviously only the Magnatex were made in the UK but the process was the same.
    Dropbox - WWII_MAGNATEX_British_Made_Ameri-Cans.mp4 - Simplify your life

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast