Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

USA food pack

Article about: Hi to everybody , i found this paper packet in grandfather's house, probably food furniture during ww2 , (it was with a wooden crates k rations) I never saw before. Do you know it? thanks

Default USA food pack

Hi to everybody , i found this paper packet in grandfather's house, probably food furniture during ww2 , (it was with a wooden crates k rations)
    I never saw before. Do you know it?
    thanks

USA food pack
    USA food pack

It is likely the pasta box was part of the supplies. The Vimco Pasta factory was based in Carnegie, Pa. A portion of a news article about the closing of the factory in 1985 in believe. Vimco was a third-generation family business. Vimco products had been finding their way into Pittsburgh's kitchens since Salvatore Viviano, a Sicilian immigrant, started the company at an abandoned pasta factory in 1917. The plant was literally home for the Viviano family, which lived in what was dubbed at one time the "Macaroni Mansion" in the upper levels of the building. I also noted newspaper ads for pasta from 1949 in my Google search but do not know if they had a contract with the US for war rations.
    John

Thanks for the informations rescue, tomorrow i'll send you photo