Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

W. Ottway & Co Ltd Patt 1132 1943 Artillery sight

Article about: I've been clearing out a few cupboards at home while I'm decorating the bedrooms. I'd completely forgotten about this item which I brought around 15 years ago at a boot fair. At the time I d

?

Default W. Ottway & Co Ltd Patt 1132 1943 Artillery sight

I've been clearing out a few cupboards at home while I'm decorating the bedrooms. I'd completely forgotten about this item which I brought around 15 years ago at a boot fair. At the time I didn't collect militaria and had no idea what it was other then a telescope. At the time I was as now very much into astronomy and just wanted a brass scope.

Now I've found it again and thanks to my new hobby of collecting militaria I recognised that this was a military piece. It is really nice optically and has a clear sharp focus. I remember that it was good for looking at the moon when on my tripod. Now I know what it really is I'm over the moon. It's like I've had two bites of the excitement of the purchase. I just had to share it with the forum.

I'd really like to know just what type of gun this would have been mounted on if anyone can help. Now I know a little I'm hungry for more info.

Thank you very much as always for any information members may be able to pass on.

Wilko

W. Ottway & Co Ltd Patt 1132 1943 Artillery sight W. Ottway & Co Ltd Patt 1132 1943 Artillery sight

?

I've been trying to find more info on this piece and so far have only found that it could have been mounted on a 6 pounder anti tank gun. However I'm not entirely sure on that. I will keep looking but if someone more versed in this type of scope could point me in the right direction I would be very thank full.

Thanks again
    Wilko