MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Webbing Harness

Article about: Hi Guys any ideas on this harness ? It has a brass roll pin belt buckle and 2 leg loops secured by brass buckles all very 37 pattern style. It has been modernised by the addition of a white

Default Webbing Harness

Hi Guys any ideas on this harness ?

It has a brass roll pin belt buckle and 2 leg loops secured by brass buckles all very 37 pattern style.
    It has been modernised by the addition of a white nylon rope and 2 plated snap gate clips not shown.

Essentially it looks like a climbing or safety harness.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Webbing Harness   Webbing Harness  

Hmm, an interesting item.

It does look like a safety harness but not a climbing or work at height type and I doubt it is a "Fall" harnes as the single 'D' ring doesn't look robust enough to stop a falling man.

From what can be seen in the pics the modified rope attachment looks pretty professional and just the kind of thing done to prolong service life.

My instinct is pointing me towards a Royal Navy item designed to stop a man being lost overboard from the deck of a ship. What do you reckon?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I did show it to a dealer friend I know and he also suggested Navy so you may be onto something Mark. I shall do some more digging and see what I can find.