Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Well-used Tanker's Holster

Article about: Hello everyone, I thought I'd share some pictures of my tanker's web holster. It's a little rough but still a neat piece I think. I believe it to be Canadian WWII/Korean War vintage but am n

?

Default Well-used Tanker's Holster

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd share some pictures of my tanker's web holster. It's a little rough but still a neat piece I think. I believe it to be Canadian WWII/Korean War vintage but am not quite sure. Any information or comments would be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Well-used Tanker's Holster   Well-used Tanker's Holster  

VERY cool! I've never been real into the British stuff, but I always wanted one of these

Nice one Looks to be of around 41-42 made going by the button snap, if you look at the female snap it should have Canada marked there.

?

Thanks for your responses guys. Rene, I'll check that out. No markings otherwise that I can see.

Tom

?

Hi,
    Here is mine.
    Year of issue is not visible (1938, 1953, ...?). Anyone who can help?
    Cheers,
    Luc

Blackened metal parts and the style of stamping indicates post-WW2 I think

?

still they are both nice pieces. thank you for sharing them with us.

?

I read that these holsters were for hammerless .38 pistols. The hammerless pistol could be taken out of the soldier's holster easily while he was in a cramped space, i.e., wouldn't get snagged. Does anyone know if that's actually the case? Anyone own such a pistol?

Tom
    Last edited by hftiii; 06-18-2021 at 11:03 AM.

?

I have one that I keep a hammerless model, 38 SHORT in it for display & for carrying to the range & and the hammerless model fits in it just fine. the holster I have came from CANVIS PRODUCTS, it is repro, that I bought 15+ yes ago.

I have heard the same thing about the .38 revolver and these holsters being paired together for individuals operating in tight spaces with lots of things to get caught on.

The 38 revolver that you are referring to is the Enfield No. 2 mk1* and technically it has a spurless hammer. It is not hammerless. The term Hammerless refers to the lack of an external hammer cocking back and going forward to strike a primer most commonly found in automatic handguns.

The No2 mk1* and No2 mk1** revolver has a hammer but lacks the “spur” the sticks out to manually cock the hammer back for single action firing. So it is a double action only revolver.

The Enfield No2 and No2 mk1 had the spur on the hammer and was capable of single action and double action firing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast