Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 era bag....French??

Article about: This came in an auction lot of US pieces. No marking of any kind is visible. The front buckle looks similar to some French bags I've seen but the carry strap attachments don't match.

Default WW1 era bag....French??

This came in an auction lot of US pieces. No marking of any kind is visible. The front buckle looks similar to some French bags I've seen but the carry strap attachments don't match.

WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??

I Agree this is a French made Private Purchase Officers Musette bag used by US Soldiers (as well as many other Allies)

Smitty

I take it these would have variances depending on the manufacturer. Interesting item that likely goes with the other pieces of kit I won. The bag is "named" but the name isn't listed in the archives of the 36th Infantry Division.WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??WW1 era bag....French??

There would have been variations, some of the more common French made musette bags that I have seen have a leather bottom.

As I mentioned on the US forum the other bag is for the gas mask and cannister. Possible that the name not being listed in the 36th Roster is that he may have been with the 36th post war or maybe a late war replacement to the division. The helmet is also great, nice 36th marking.

Keep searching the 36th Rosters... He may show up...

You picked up some nice items.

Best regards

Smitty

Smitty