Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 Dog Tags?

Article about: Hi guys as I do not usually collect American ww2 Militaria I ended pulling these two dog tags out Of a box of hand me downs as I felt bad and finally hung them up out of respect. One of thes

Default WW2 Dog Tags?

Hi guys as I do not usually collect American ww2 Militaria I do not know a lot and look to y’all for expertise I ended pulling these two dog tags out Of a box of hand me downs as I felt bad and finally hung them up out of respect. One of these I pulled out of my grandmas garage a long time ago and the other came out of my great aunts shed which both have passed on now. I have no clue if these are WW2, Vietnam or what. Thank you guys for any information!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Dog Tags?   WW2 Dog Tags?  

WW2 Dog Tags?  

Look here

Dog Tags

I believe that WW2 issue usually have the full address of next of kin on them.

edit - only early to around 1943 then they dropped it......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thank you Rene and Danmark that’s interesting I’m having a hard time figuring out where it’s from I’ve been trying to study the sight for dog tags but I’m having a hard time with it!

?

The one set is from 1961

I’ve did some research on Hodges dog tag and I’ve found some bits of information but I do not know if it’s him. But he was Killed in action on April 28th 1943 was a private in the army 9th infantry division. But I’m not sure if that’s the exact person or not.

Edit: I’ve seem to be wrong as the Hodge one does seem like a Vietnam dog tag

Thank you RH1941 are you talking about the first set or both?

?

The T stands for tetanus and the year he got the shot

Thank you RH1941! Do you know why the other dog tag doesn’t have that?

?

I believe the other its an early vietnam tag they stopped using the notch in the late 60's. It could be like I said an early vietnam tag . Its been a while since I looked up dog tags . Gary

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast