Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope

Article about: I decided to take apart and clean my late fathers telescope. It is a pattern 373 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch telescope made by Ross of London. It has a National Physical Laboratory testi

Default WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope

I decided to take apart and clean my late fathers telescope. It is a pattern 373 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch telescope made by Ross of London. It has a National Physical Laboratory testing logo for the year 1940. My father was in the Royal Navy in the late 50’s / early 60’s and I found his name and service number scratched on the barrel inside it so I can only assume that he had it during this time. It’s very battered (I remember playing with it as a child!) but still works and the optics are not bad. It would have originally been covered in leather or resin but that has long since worn away.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope   WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope  

WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope   WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope  

WW2 Royal Navy Officer of the Watch Pattern 373 telescope