Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Unknown Watch - Bomber crew

Article about: Hi, I've recently come across some personal items from a ww2 bomber crew member, a watch is one of those items which doesn't have a makers mark unless this back graphic tells all. Can anyone

?

Default WW2 Unknown Watch - Bomber crew

Hi,

I've recently come across some personal items from a ww2 bomber crew member, a watch is one of those items which doesn't have a makers mark unless this back graphic tells all.

Can anyone Identify it, I could attempt to remove the back cover but I don't want to completely destroy it haha. Would the back be a screw off or pop off cover?

Thanks.WW2 Unknown Watch - Bomber crewWW2 Unknown Watch - Bomber crewWW2 Unknown Watch - Bomber crew

Hi, your watch is older than WW2; it is a Great War era "trench watch", with pin for hands setting. Not sure about the brand, could be a Goldsmiths & Silversmiths, a British maker of that period. The trench watches were intended to be water and dustproof, so I wouldn't try to disassemble it, could have a peculiar kind of screwed case and you would risk to damage it.

?

Thank you for your insight.

You are 100% correct, its a trench watch. After looking online at trench watches the style and structure is on par.